Lakmé 9 to 5 Primer+Matte Lipstick shade MR5 Roseate motive - Product review


Hello girls!!
Hope you're all doing well!
In this post I'm going to review on Lakmé 9 to 5 primer+matte lipstick in the shade MR5 Roseate motive. Lakmé has a wide range of lipstick shades and are quite popular in the market. Let's see, if it worked for me.




Description:  It’s matte and enriched with the power of a primer... Say hello to Lakmé 9to5 Primer + Matte Lipstick. With smooth application and an intense colour payoff, the Lakmé 9to5 Primer + Matte Lip Colors come with a built-in primer that sets a flawless matte base and evens out your lips. Available in 30 highlight pigmented and work-ready shades that last up to 12 hours, touch-ups are now a thing of the past.

Application:
Step 1: Create a cross on your cupid’s bow.
Step 2: Start applying from the centre of your upper lip. Step 3: Work from the centre towards the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth.
Step 4: Glide across the entire bottom lip.

Packaging:  The outer packaging is of cardboard box and it has details about the product. It has rose gold metallic color on the packaging and the product itself which is quite attractive. The cap is securely placed which won't come off easily, so it is travel friendly. The product itself looks elegant and functional to use.

Ingredients:  The full ingredient list is not given anywhere in the packaging or their official website itself. However, they claim to have primer in this range and nothing mentioned.

Shelf life:  24 months

Net Quantity: 3.6 grams

Price: ₹.480/-



My Personal Experience:
First of all the texture of the lipstick is very smooth but not creamy as I expected, but it's a matte lipstick so it seems to be okay. The fragrance of the lipstick is amazing, it has vanilla kind of fragrance that makes me to smell it constantly while using the lipstick. 😅



The pigmentation is good, within one swipe you will get nice coverage which looks natural on your lips and for multiple swipes it gives an opaque coverage. The shade Roseate motive has peachy pink color with a hint of brown. The color payoff is great and make me look brighter on my skin tone (medium tanned skin).



When it comes to moisturizing the lips, sadly it fails for me. It slowly accentuates dry patches on my lips and settles on fine lines. I have very dry lips, so I think this matte lipstick is not at all suitable for my lips. I have to apply lip balm before I apply this later. The claim says that it will last for 12 hours which is not completely true as it only stays for 3-4 hours for me and you need to touch up to make it last. It can be easily removed with wet wipes.

(Top one is single swipe, middle is twice and last one is multiple swipes)


Pros:       
                       Great pigmentation.
     Intense color payoff within two swipes.
     Decent price.
     Travel friendly.
     Pretty packaging.
     Amazing smell.
     Smooth texture and glides well.
     30 wide variety of shades

Cons:
                       No full ingredient list.
     Not long lasting.
     It fails to moisturize my lips.
     Settles on fine lines.
     It does transfer a little bit.

Rating: 3/5

Will I Recommend?
I would probably not recommend for dry lips but if you don't have that issue try it for the color and pigmentation. If you have very dry lips, this can be uncomfortable to wear without a lip balm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Natural eye cream- Vilvah under eye cream review

Organic Lip Gloss - Soultree Ayurvedic Lip Gloss in shade Rose dew review

D.I.Y skin care routine - All natural skin products for healthy skin